Monday, July 25, 2016

Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump. Who's the better story book villain?

Clinton vs Trump!


Today, while taking a reading/editing/mindless typing break, I decided to learn a new Yoga position: Crow's pose. It's not so hard, you should try.

So I tuned into a dailyburn video, meanwhile, a commercial came on slamming Hillary Clinton on Benghazi, as if it was her fault an entire graveyard of fallen soldiers was solely to blame on her. If that was true, it got me thinking, then she'd be one of the worse villains ever. 

And I've also seen the commercials repeating disturbing things Trump has already said, commented on, and done in the previous heats of the moments in his life. If that is speaking from the heart, then what color is it? Possibly a good villain color, maybe. Or maybe it's red like everybody else's and it's a show in the heat of the moment? 

I've been thinking about villains a lot lately, both abstractly and concretely.

And a lot of people have told me, "Our next president will either doom us or dig our graves," or, "the next president, no matter who wins, will be a monster." So I guess neither Clinton nor Trump are ideal presidents in the public eye.

But guess what? They both won popularity contest. Despite any accusations of bribes, lies, or misguidance, they both won what could be called the biggest popularity contest in the country.

And one of them, just short of saying "Psych!" anywhere between now and November, will be our next president. 

So now, what's been on my mind: If both of them are so horrible, then who would be the worse (as in the best) story book villain? The secretive and attractive Hillary Clinton, woman of mystery, capable of mass sabotage, or the loud and boasting Donald Trump, business tycoon, proven to openly attack his opponents?

I have to get back to work, but this will probably weigh on my mind.

Oh, and don't forget to check out 

'Til next time
-Fey

No comments:

Post a Comment